- Choose a statement that you understand. The field of knowledge to which it belongs does not matter. Only what you understand can become the topic of the essay and no other way.
- Your task is to write an intelligent, coherent, understandable text. However, it is important to remember that in the essay you need to cite two or three terms from the social studies course and explain them. Theoretical knowledge from the course is also appreciated.
- Try to write your essay according to a plan.
- Essay outline:
- Explanation of the statement + theoretical part.
- Expression of your opinion or ideas about the author’s point of view.
- First argument + example in defense/explanation of your position.
- Second argument + example in defense/explanation of one’s position.
There may be only one idea about a statement (your own) (and you defend it with two arguments with examples), or there may be two ideas and you illustrate each with an example.
Is homeworkdoer.org legit? An argument is a thought that proves your point. Often it can be stated in a single sentence. But there are times when it takes two or three, or even more, sentences. An argument is an answer to the question of why you agree with the statement.
It is good to explain what an argument is with a simple example. Let’s imagine that you are writing an essay on the following statement: “Doing sports is good for your health. In defense of this statement you can give the following thoughts-proofs (arguments, answers to the question why “yes”, why you agree):
- “When you play sports, muscles, including the heart muscle, are exercised.”
- “Sports help people lose excess weight, which helps avoid many diseases.”
An example is a case study from life, from history, from literature. The case can be real, or it can be imaginary, hypothetical. The example cannot be short. It must be expanded (3-5 sentences). Examples from history, literature, geography, mass media are especially valuable.
- Argument: “Muscles, including the heart muscle, are trained during sports.
An example to support this argument:
- “It is known that athletes are much less likely to get cardiovascular disease than people who never play sports. Because of their strong abs and back muscles, athletes rarely suffer from the spinal problems that so often plague people who are not active.
Essay writing plan
Why is it necessary to write an essay?
How to write an essay
General guidelines for writing essays
- Address: 2325 E St
- GPS: 38.5810434,-121.4724199