Notwithstanding improvements in tooth care, millions of Northern Americans suffer tooth loss — all things considered due to tooth decay, gingivitis (gum illness), or injury. For many years, the sole treatment alternates available for people with missing teeth were bridges and dentures. However, today, dental implants are available.
Dental implants are replacement tooth roots; implants supply a strong basic for fixed (permanent), or removable replacement teeth that are made to match your natural teeth.
What are the benefits of Dental Implants?
There are several benefits to dental implants, including:
– Improved appearance; dental implants look and feel like your own teeth. And because they’re designed to fuse with bone, they become permanent.
– Improved speech; with poor-fitting dentures, the teeth can slip within the mouth making you mumble or slur your words. Dental implants permit you to talk without the worry that teeth might slip.
– Improved comfort; because they become part of you, implants get rid of the pain of removable dentures.
Tags: benefits to dental implants, Dental & Implant Clinic @ Lansdowne, Dental implants are a great way to replace missing teeth, ental implants improving oral hygiene, Richmond Dental Implant
– Simpler eating; sliding dentures can make chewing difficult. Dental implants function like your own teeth, permitting you to eat your favorite foods with confidence and without pain.
– Improved self-image; dental implants can help give you back your smile, and help you to feel better about yourself.
– Improved oral health; dental implants don’t require reducing other teeth, as a tooth-supported bridge does. Because nearby teeth aren’t changed to support the implant, more of your own teeth are left untouched, improving long-term oral health. Individual implants also permit simpler access between teeth, improving oral hygiene.
– Durability; implants are extremely durable and will last many years. With good care, many implants last an entire life.
– Convenience; removable dentures are just that – removable. Dental implants lose the mortifying inconvenience of removing dentures, as well as the need for untidy adhesives to keep them ready.